This creamy carrot and orange soup recipe is a crowd pleaser at my house.
I’m not sure what the weather is like where you are in the world but it’s definitely soup kind of weather here. This is a winner because it’s packed with nutrients and both my kids love it (Thank Goodness. Insert dismayed mother shaking her head )
Orange foods are famous for having carotenoids, such as alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, and beta-cryptoxanthin. Your body converts all these chemicals to vitamin A, which helps to benefit your vision. They gobble up harmful free radicals and quell inflammation-a known culprit in many chronic diseases, including heart disease, colitis and asthma. They also prevent the buildup of fatty plaques in your arteries that can lead to heart disease and stroke. Carotenoids even filter out UV light that harms your eyes.
Creamy Carrot and Orange Soup
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 4 cups of chopped carrots (600g)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 red chili, deseeded and chopped
- 200g baby potatoes halved
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- The zest and juice of 3 oranges
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan, add the onion, garlic, carrots, cumin and chilli.
- Saute for 10 minutes covered with a lid.
- Add the new potatoes and vegetable stock.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Take off the heat. Stir in the orange zest and juice through the soup.
- Using a stick blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide between 4 bowls and add a tablespoon of coconut cream to each
If you happen to make this recipe and share it, tag me @thefitchickhealthcoach . I’d love to see how it goes 🙂